People often wonder what we are all about. So, whether you are joining us for one ride or a whole season, here is what you should know about Menlo Bike Club (MBC).
We are a non-profit with a mission to
Build an inclusive community of passionate cyclists. Give back to our community through our cycling.
Our Start – The club started in 2012 by Hani Juha and Scott Johnson. In 2016, we became a non-profit.
Community – We are not a racing team, but a community that really enjoys every aspect of cycling.
30 miles – Our average ride is 30 miles. And we often give options to go shorter and longer. Here is our monthly ride schedule.
- Home Base is Woodside Town Hall unless we are doing our monthly field trip.
- Week 1 (25 miles) of every month is our recovery ride. This is the perfect time for new riders to join.
- Week 2 (35 miles) of every month has a bit more miles, but low intensity
- Week 3 (45 miles) of every month is higher intensity
- Week 4 (45 +) is a wildcard
Our Events – Every year we set target events for the club. These activities are intended to motivate us to experience different aspects ( century, tours, cyclocross) of cycling.
Giving – Canary Challenge and Tour de Menlo are just two ways that we give back to our community.
Clinics – Our Clinics are designed to improve your riding knowledge and skills.